I modified this recipe from natural vitality, see here
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
Serves: 15 large bars, or 24 smaller
1 cup pureed pumpkin
1/4 cup maple syrup
2 tbsp almond milk
1 tbsp vanilla
1/2 cup coconut flour
5 tbsp protein powder
3 tbsp Unflavored Natural Calm (magnesium supplement)
1/4 cup milled flax seed
2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/8 tsp cloves
pinch of sea salt
2 oz dark chocolate
1. Preheat oven to 375˚F, line two baking sheets with parchment paper (I made the mistake of not doing this and they were a bit of a mess to get off once I drizzled the chocolate)
2. Combine wet ingredients in a large bowl
3. Whisk together dry ingredients. Make sure you are using an unflavored protein powder, or one that you don’t mind your bars tasting like – I made the mistake of using strawberry (still not terrible!).
4. Once combined, add dry ingredients to wet and let sit for 5 minutes to thicken. Will have a spongy like texture.
5. This next part is completely your own prerogative. The original instructions say to scoop 1/3 cup of mixture per bar… I found these bars to be very big. So scoop out sizes to your liking and arrange on baking sheets. It seems easiest to shape the bars once you put the mix on the sheet.
6. Bake bars for 22 – 25 minutes. The bottom of the bars should be golden, and a toothpick comes out clean. They are still quite soft.
7. Allow bars to cool on pan for at least 5 minutes.
8. In the meantime, whip out some chocolate drizzle. I took 2 oz of dark chocolate with a touch of coconut oil and microwaved it. Stir constantly to avoid burning the chocolate.
9. Take a spoon and drizzle the chocolate over the top of the bars.
10. Lastly, I let my bars set in the freezer.